Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January 2015

For as long as I can remember John 16:33 has been my favorite verse, in fact, it was written on my mirror for many years so I would see it first thing every morning. 
"I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace, in this world you will have trouble, but take heart, I have overcome the world!" (You will have trouble, but don't worry, I got this). 
Today another verse was given to me, John 14:18, just a few short chapters before the verse that has guided me everyday. 
"I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you."
Through our fertility struggles john and i talked a lot about adoption, even though the Lord has blessed us with our amazing son, I believe that he is possibly still preparing us to adopt one day....is it possible that 'my verse' has taken on new meaning?
(In this world you will have trouble, but don't worry I won't leave you as orphans).
Isn't it neat how God speaks to us?

(Facebook post, January 23, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment